How To Tell When to Fertilize
Just like us, plants need nutrients. Give them good nutrition – fertilizer (plant food) and supplemental Spray-N-Grow (plant vitamins) – and they’ll grow and thrive.
It’s estimated that less than 50% of gardeners provide their plants with sufficient nutrition. Are you part of this group? (Please say no!)
Your plants provide hints when they need better nutrition:
- Green leaves begin to look yellow
- Lawns may become spotty or lighter in color
- Blooming and new growth slows or comes to a halt
- Plants begin to look spindly and weak
Getting this right is actually pretty darn easy. The Perfect Blend is a nutritional recipe formulated by Spray-N-Grow Founder, Bill Muskopf, a mix of plant food – Bill’s Perfect Fertilizer, plant vitamins- Spray-N-Grow Micronutrients and a wetting agent – Coco-Wet. Together, these products provide your plants with all the nutrients that they need to grow and thrive.
Simply spray the leaves of all your plants with The Perfect Blend every 7-30 days. You can start when seedlings are 5 or 6 inches tall and continue through the growing season. Pretty easy, right?
Here are a pair of favorite tips:
- The best time to nourish your plants is before 9:00am or in the evening after 5:00pm. The very best results occur if you spray your plants when your soil is moist and the foliage is dry.
- For indoor plants, we suggest watering with The Perfect Blend once a month. We like to take plants outdoors to spray so floors stay dry. Then bringing the plants back inside after an hour out in the fresh air. By then, they’re drip-free and ready for indoor sites.